Healthy teeth result in a beautiful smile but more importantly, are necessary for your overall health and well-being. Oral habits should not be viewed as a chore but as a necessity because clean teeth can help prevent many problems so never skip out on brushing your teeth because you will regret it later.
You must remember the following so that you can have a healthy mouth that includes a healthy set of teeth.
- Never go to bed without brushing your teeth. A lot of plaque and germs accumulate in your mouth and on your teeth throughout the day. If you don’t brush they will build up and remain in all the places they shouldn’t be. Brush your teeth thoroughly before you call it a night so that your teeth stay healthy.
- Not only should you brush, but you should also brush properly. If you’re not brushing right then it’s not that effective. Don’t rush the process, and make sure you’re moving the toothbrush in the right circular motions so that you successfully remove all the germs and plaque.
- Don’t forget about your tongue! It’s easy to brush your teeth and call it a night but the process is not complete until you’ve brushed your tongue. Plaque is present on your tongue too so if you don’t take care of it, your mouth will not only smell bad but can lead to more serious problems.
- The type of toothpaste you use will make a difference. Most people want a whitening toothpaste but a more important element to look for is fluoride. This helps tremendously with tooth decay and acts as a protective barrier for your teeth so do not buy toothpaste unless fluoride is present.
- You must floss daily. Many people think brushing is more important than flossing but that is not true. They are both equally important and only when both tasks have been completed will you have clean and healthy teeth. Flossing daily has tons of benefits for your teeth so don’t forget it.
- It never hurts to use mouthwash. Incorporate this into your routine because it will help with your oral health. Mouthwash is great for the hard-to-reach areas and can help if you have trouble brushing a specific spot.
These habits will dictate whether or not you have healthy teeth so make them a mandatory part of your daily routine. Along with good oral habits, a good dentist is also a must so if you’re in the Sarnia area give Slipacoff Dental a call and book an appointment today! We also offer braces and Invisalign, so if you want to have a beautiful smile, please call us for a complimentary consultation!